In today’s #crueltyfreefriday video, I’m sharing my 100% vegan toothpaste recipe. Inspired by environmentalist student, Lauren Singer, I’ve been making my own toothpaste for the past 8 months now and I will never again go back to buying store toothpaste.
1. 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
2. Warm the oil for about 30 seconds to soften and stir well into a paste.
3. Add 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda (or baking soda if you’re in the US!) – stir well into the coconut oil.
4. Add 15-20 drops of peppermint oil and stir well.
5. Spoon mixture into some sort of container (I’ve up-cycled an old jam jar) and store in your bathroom.
The consistency is quite different to regular toothpaste: it’s grittier and saltier, but this can be adjusted to your own preference when you’re mixing some up 🙂
Let me know if any of you guys try making it!
Lauren’s TEDx Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF72p…
Lauren’s blog ‘Trash is for Tossers’: http://www.trashisfortossers.com/p/ab…